[Development] CI autotest failures for MinGW

Anttila Janne Janne.Anttila at digia.com
Wed Jan 9 11:30:58 CET 2013

Koehne Kai wrote:

>> [...] Below is list of failed autotests from already executed MinGW
>> stages:
>>
>> QtActiveQt_dev_Integration [1]
>>
>> === Failures:
>>   cmake
>> === Totals: 3 tests, 2 passes, 1 fail
> ===============================
>

> I spend way too mich time on this one already when trying to reproduce
> it locally. Unfortunately the exact way cmake is called here , as well
> as the test runner setup, is pretty convoluted ... Anyway, what's
> suspicious is that the test is compiled with Visual Studio 2010
> although this is a MinGW test run. Is that to be expected?
>
> From the log:
>
> [...]
>
> Maybe the cmake call should add a -G "MinGW Makefiles", or Visual
> Studio shouldn't be in the environment, or both :) Can some cmake or
> ActiveQt expert comment?

Visual studio is not in CI machine environment when doing MinGW builds,
you can see that also from build logs. So I think it is cmake or some
cmake config that magically finds it and decides to use it. I don't know
enough about cmake to comment in more detail... Maybe Stephen can comment
because you have been working with cmake?

Br,
--
Janne Anttila
Senior Architect - Digia, Qt