[Development] Qml mime types

Mohamed Fawzi Fawzi.Mohamed at digia.com
Thu Jan 10 07:44:33 CET 2013

20000 obviously needs more  than 256, and magic solving in general needs more resources, so that the mime resolution algorithm tries to avoid it if possible, and soem applications might not do it at all (if they don't have the content of the file, or only very slowly).
By having qtquick1 and qtquick2 separated (or maybe not so much see latest comment by Alan in the Qml Runtime thread) but using a single extension, we force a correct resolution to to always use magic sniffing.

Still the normal case (linux desktop, or qt-creator) if one loads up less than 32K I think OS optimizations should keep the performance hit still in the negligible range.

Still maybe the need to treat qtquick1 and 2 differently will become less now

Fawzi