[Development] Preparing Qt 5.0.1 release

Sergio Ahumada sergio.ahumada at digia.com
Thu Jan 10 11:24:08 CET 2013

On 01/08/2013 10:48 AM, Iikka Eklund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> making of Qt 5.0.1 patch release has started and few items to notify:
>
> - We are planning to move into 'release' branch next Wednesday
>     (9th Jan). There are already around 300 commits available since
>     v5.0.0 in 'stable'
> - Content from 'stable' will be the basis for 5.0.1
> - After 9th Jan any changes that are required to get in for 5.0.1
>     need to be pushed into 'release' branch. Release team will then
>     decide if the change will be taken in (P0, P1)
> - First 5.0.1 offline installers for testing will become available
>     into: releases.qt-project.org/digia/5.0.1/
> - Expected release time for 5.0.1 is in January

Hi,

All the repos part of the Qt 5.0.1 release were merged yesterday from
stable->release as announced.

So changes for 5.0.1 need to be pushed to 'refs/for/release' with a
Task-number tag in the commit message pointing to a P0/P1 task [1].

The process should be that you get the change approved normally and you
add me as Reviewer (since only the release team can stage those changes).

NOTE: No cherry-picks this time !!

Cheers,

[1]: those tasks need to be linked/commented in
Sergio Ahumada
Release Engineer - Digia, Qt