[Development] Proposal - QtSerialPort graduation from the Playground

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Fri Jan 11 08:41:15 CET 2013

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:18:40 +0100, Laszlo Papp wrote:

> Another try: can we reiterate this question for 5.1?

Several years ago I was asked if I would accept the ( at that time
orphaned ) qextserialport project as module of Qwt.

I decided not to do so because its code was more or less unrelated to Qt
- beside a couple of lines building an QIODevice.

A cross platform compatible API for the serial port is a useful thing,
but is there a good reason for limiting it to Qt applications ?

Uwe