[Development] QT5.0 PlatformSupport info needed

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 11 08:43:32 CET 2013

On sexta-feira, 11 de janeiro de 2013 08.20.16, Samuel Rødal wrote:
> On 01/10/2013 08:08 PM, Mumtaz Ahmad wrote:
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     I am trying to port QT5.0 . I made a headless reference
> >     implementation on linux using minimal plugin. On linking i had to
> >     link libQt5PlatformSupport.a as well. On the first look it appears
> >     that platformsupport is written for linux and there is lot of
> >     efforts needed to port it for psos. Is there any way that i can by
> >     pass platformsupport?  I am getting  createUnixEventDispatcher()
> >     unresolve error  if i skip platformsupport library. Can anyone guide
> >     me about the purpose of this library?
> >

> >     Thanks
>
> The platformsupport library is there for the convenience of the platform
> plugins, containing some common functionality that multiple of the
> platform plugins might need. What parts of it are failing to compile for
> you?
>
> A platform plugin doesn't strictly need to use the platformsupport
> library if it doesn't have to.

I think the confusion is that the minimal plugin is trying to use the Unix
event dispatcher (which is provided by the platformsupport library). In other
words: the minimal plugin requires Unix.

If the OS the original poster is porting to is not POSIX-compliant, he'll need
to write another platform plugin.