[Development] submitting a multi-dimensional container class for Qt: QNDArray

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Fri Jan 11 15:17:42 CET 2013

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:19:19 -0600, Glen Mabey wrote:

>> Something I was missing several times is a 2D container. Qt has objects
>> organized in rows and columns ( QTable, QImage ... ) - so IMHO it is
>> related to Qt.
>>
>> But I would expect to find a class with an API comparable to QVector.
>
> Yes, if the container object is strictly 2D, then I think that the API
> would probably be much like that of QVector.

I bet this would cover 98% of all use cases ( Qt is a 2D toolkit ) and
usually it doesn't need to have any maths. The motivation of such a class
is simply that you can build better APIs when you can copy implicitly
shared 2D Arrays and access them with row, column indexes.

Of course that doesn't mean, that the other 2% are not important enough
to have another container like yours.

Uwe