[Development] Android port - Why do we need Ministro?

Felipe Crochik qt-project at b2-4ac.com
Fri Jan 11 16:06:32 CET 2013

Mainly my suggestion is to avoid the step of having to have ministro
installed. I appreciate that including the qt libraries with every app is
not the best approach (especially if we need different sets for the
different android versions/devices).

I would like for each application to include some shared code that would
download, only if necessary, the "best" qt libraries to a shared location
on the device. I assume that is exactly what ministro does but as it is the
user MUST have "the ministro applicaiton" installed before any other
application (based on necessitas) can request the qt libraries.

In a sense I want to include ministro with every application - not the qt
libraries. And in the process make it as seamless as possible.

I guess possible reasons for the design we have now are (just a wild guess
since I didn't look into the code and was not involved with its development)
1) because this way ministro can be improved to include more libraries
regardless of the applications that depend on it; or
2) because there is some challenge with applications sharing libraries and
we need a "broker".