[Development] Android port - Why do we need Ministro?

Felipe Crochik qt-project at b2-4ac.com
Fri Jan 11 16:23:53 CET 2013

With my very limited experience on the subject I have to say that "the
current flow" is probably good enough for "controlled distribution" but
pretty bad for mass market apps.

Having the application download the libraries after "being downloaded" is
bad enough for the average user but figuring out the "installing ministro
step" requires a level of commitment that I think very few "average/casual"
users will show for a "random application they found in the store".

Why do you think incorporating ministro code into each application is bad?
Unless there is some technical limitation to install shared libraries this
way the only drawback I can imagine is that we will need to update
applications that depend on it with any "improvement on it" is made because
of new devices - what is a pretty reasonable problem to work around.

Note that I am only talking about "the Qt shared libraries" - not any other
third party libraries.

just my 2ct.