[Development] [Releasing] Preparing Qt 5.0.1 release

Sergio Ahumada sergio.ahumada at digia.com
Fri Jan 11 16:57:48 CET 2013

On 01/11/2013 04:51 PM, shane.kearns at accenture.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> All the repos part of the Qt 5.0.1 release were merged yesterday from
>> stable->release as announced.
>>
>> So changes for 5.0.1 need to be pushed to 'refs/for/release' with a
>> Task-number tag in the commit message pointing to a P0/P1 task [1].
>>
>> The process should be that you get the change approved normally and you
>> add me as Reviewer (since only the release team can stage those
>> changes).
>>
>> NOTE: No cherry-picks this time !!
>>
> What about changes that are integrated to stable already but missed the branch due to unrelated test failures delaying the integration?

You read my mind. I was about the same after Oliver revived the
"Branching Guidelines" wiki page.

As far as I can see, there are some options to discuss.

- Merge stable into release again (doesn't sound too good)
- push it again to 'release' (doesn't sound good either)
- cherry-pick from stable to release (we already said that we wont do it)
- just wait for the next patch/minor release

We have some cases already asking how to deal with this for 5.0.1 so I
think it would be nice if we can agree on something.

Cheers,

ps: flaky tests is something that we should discuss in another thread
because I think it's also rather important.
--
Sergio Ahumada
Release Engineer - Digia, Qt