[Development] Android port - Why do we need Ministro?

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 12:10:37 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt Eskil <
Eskil.Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt at digia.com> wrote:

>  About protecting against unexpected behavior: I think this will be an
> issue anyway, since you're depending on several shared libraries in the
> platform in addition to Qt, and they can all be updated behind the app's
> back. So developers will have to test against changes in the underlying
> stack and maybe make their own updates if it turns out that they depended
> on buggy behavior.

That does not still mean the exlusion of the necessity for self-containment
in my opinion. In addition, I have not had such problems on Harmattan with
Qt and KDE that you brought up. It is also bad if such a situation becomes
the majority, but even that would not exclude all the need for "bundling".

Laszlo