[Development] Next Minsitro version features

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 19:06:04 CET 2013

Hello,

   As many of you may already know, we (necessitas and qt-project) join the forces to port some
of the Qt5 modules on Android in time for Qt 5.1 release. Sadly, Ministro, is not yet prepared to
handle two versions of Qt at the same time, and it needs some love to do it.

This my to do list for Ministro (in time for Qt 5.1 release):
 - the top priority feature is to add the possibility to an application to specify a list with repositories
 that it needs, this way Ministro will be able to handle multiple Qt versions and even more, other
projects/companies will be able to use Ministro to distribute their own libs.

 - only if I'll have enough time, I'd like to extend the connection API to add the "silent/invisible mode"
feature to Ministro. Currently, if some libs are needed to be downloaded, Ministro displays an activity
to request the user permission to download the needed libs. To some developers displaying these
messages to the user are no very welcome, mostly because the user sees Ministro's activity with
Necessitas logo.

Cheers,
BogDan.