[Development] Removing QT_{BEGIN,END}_HEADER macros in Qt 5.1

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Jan 15 17:15:07 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:09:48PM +0000, Ahumada Sergio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While I was trying to mark tst_headers as significant again
> <https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTQAINFRA-324> I found out that I
> had to add some QT_{BEGIN,END}_HEADER macros to some headers.
>
> After some investigation and talks with Thiago, I realized this macro
> expands to nothing, so I decided to remove the check in tst_headers instead
> of adding the missing QT_{BEGIN,END}_HEADER macros
> <https://codereview.qt-project.org/44076>.
>
> So far, this change does not affect Qt in any way, but I now want to go a
> little bit further and remove the check in 'syncqt'
> <https://codereview.qt-project.org/44810>
>
> As the commit message says, this macro "might be removed", which is why I
> writing this email now.
>
> What do you think about removing QT_{BEGIN,END}_HEADER all over the place
> for 5.1 ?

It has served no purpose for a while.

The only possible reason _for_ keeping it is that we might need
some similar hook in those location for some not-yet-known feature
at some point of time, but even then "near QT_{BEGIN,END}_NAMESPACE"
would be a good enough approximation for the bulk of locations.

So I am all for removing QT_{BEGIN,END}_HEADER.

Andre'