[Development] Platform Content Selection

Mohamed Fawzi Fawzi.Mohamed at digia.com
Tue Jan 15 17:22:03 CET 2013

I had a long discussion with Thomas, and we came up with yet another solution :)

This is in a way closer to the initial mail of Alan:

1) special place for application local stuff
2) global ordered list of selectors
3) some selectors are static (probably from the make spec), other dynamic
4) 2 URLs: direct access to local application stuff, and access with selectors
5) selectors are appended to the file name before the extension, special separator "_" not valid in base file name

As lookup lookup algorithm I would use what was proposed by Alan, *but* adding the selectors to the filename, before the extension, not as extra directory

The main advantage of this is that we expect just *few* special files, all files are close and reorganising the directory structure is easy.
It is easy even without any IDE to quickly see how many "foo.jpg" version there are.
The use of url handlers make it easy to use this for everything, any resource, not just qml.

If all static selectors are close, and also the current static selector, one can drop non used files.

Fawzi