[Development] Proposal: expose the OS/platform in QML

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Tue Jan 15 18:38:01 CET 2013

On 15/01/13 18:27, Nurmi J-P wrote:
> What do you think about exposing the underlying operating system and/or platform name in QML?
> Which one of these proposals do you like the most, or are you against the whole idea?

In my eyes the real question is that comes after this one - once you
know it (you can inject it into the context even today), what do you do
with it? If it is going to be used for content selection, it seems to be
just the underpinning of what also was Alans proposal a little while
back. I would be averse to using OS/platform name selector just as a
surogate for testing feature/component availability (as it would work
conveniently only as far as there is just "one" device or configuration
for that OS/platform).

Best regards,
Attila