[Development] Spurious Flickering on Mac OS X Moutain Lion (Qt 4.8, OpenGL, QML 1.1)

Nils Jeisecke njeisecke at saltation.de
Thu Jan 17 16:02:34 CET 2013

Hi,

> Its entire graphical interface is drawn inside a custom declarative
> view instance initialized with a main QML item containing a mix of
> custom OpenGL items and standard QML 1.1 items.
>
> Rendering runs smoothly on Snow Leopard and on all the other supported
> platforms, but exhibits intermittent flickering when built and run on
> Mountain Lion.

we did have the same problem when using OpenGL as the drawing backend
for a QDeclarativeView based application on MacBook machines with 10.7
and 10.8.

As we didn't actually need OpenGL we could simply switch to raster
painter and so didn't bother about the problem any more.

Sorry I can't help you with a solution, but it seems you're not the
only one facing this problem.

Nils