[Development] Nominating Allan Sandfeld as approver

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Jan 17 15:41:53 CET 2013

On quinta-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2013 13.25.13, Zeno Albisser wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Rafael Roquetto
>
> <rafael.roquetto at kdab.com>wrote:
> > Have you got a link to his dashboard?
> >
> > I don't think the dashboard gives the appropriate view here.
>
> Allan has been contributing to qtwebkit for a long time, and his changes
> are mostly related
> to qtwebkit. As stated by Simon, he is already a webkit reviewer therefore.
>
> His contributions are visible in webkit bugzilla or in the webkit upstream
> repo.
> But since we only integrated a snapshot of webkit into qt5 quite recently,
> the contributions do not show up in gerrit.

QtWebKit is part of Qt, so contributions to it constitute contributions to Qt
too, even if handled at a different infrastructure.

You may ask why a qtwebkit developer who doesn't contribute to any other part
of Qt need to have permissions in the Qt infrastructure. My answer is two-
fold:

1) there is a small bit of QtWebKit development done in the Qt infra: the
import of snapshots and time-critical bugfixes for the release branch

2) Qt Project Approver is more than just the permissions on the
infrastructure, so it must recognise work done outside the infra too. That's
also why I sent the email about Uli Schlachter's nomination: the Qt infra does
not show much of the contributions, but he might have contributed outside (and
it is the case).

By the way, I'm +1 on Allan too: I've known him for years, I know his level of
contribution and dedication.