[Development] editing jira tasks (Re: ChangeLogs)

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Fri Jan 18 12:41:03 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 08:03:38AM +0000, Koehne Kai wrote:
> I consider changing the title and the text of a user's bug report by myself impolite,

this is a bit unreasonable. a bug report is no work of art (well, most
aren't ^^). it's a tool - your tool - so hack away on the reports as you
like.
specifically, fixes of formatting and language are a no-brainer.
adjusting the summary to reflect the actual problem is often almost
mandatory.
adjusting the content of the description should be done with a little
more care, but i have no qualms about it when the original description
is useless or even misleading. in case of doubt ask the reporter to
verify your rewrite.

> asking the original reporter to [...] split things into different tasks

you are supposed to do that anyway. the same atomicity rules as for
commits apply.