[Development] CI doing merge release->stable->dev

Fält Simo Simo.Falt at digia.com
Tue Jan 22 08:14:01 CET 2013

Hi,
I've been getting requests from several fronts to make ci to handle merge's between branches. Having automated merge from dev->stable->release doesn't make sense. But merging from release->stable->dev might be doable, but before doing that I would like to hear your input.

At the moment, automated merge would always face a merge conflict due to sync.profile pointing to same branch where it currently is. To get this sorted out, we would have to leave the sync.profile to serve only one branch and let the others being hard coded to same branch as the module being tested. Currently it kind of behaves like this already, while I think sync.profile in each branch is picking the dependencies from same branch. But is this ok for developers, is that how you like it to behave? If it is, which branch should keep obeying the sync.profile and which ones we can hard code?

Simo Fält
Digia, Qt

Visit us on: http://qt.digia.com<http://qt.digia.com/>