[Development] [Releasing] Can we do a last minute upgrade of the MinGW toolchain?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Jan 22 11:06:52 CET 2013

Hi,

We decided yesterday in the release team meeting to do an upgrade of the MinGW toolchain. That is, the MinGW toolchain we'll be testing & releasing with is

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/host-windows/releases/4.7.2/32-bit/threads-posix/sjlj/x32-4.7.2-release-posix-sjlj-rev8.7z/download

(This is basically the same configuration we've had before, just rev8 instead of rev1).

Other mingw toolchains _might_ work of course too. Anyhow, if you just want to go with the mainstream you should probably use the above.

For a 64 bit toolchain I suggest to use

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/host-windows/releases/4.7.2/64-bit/threads-posix/sjlj/x64-4.7.2-release-posix-sjlj-rev8.7z/download

However, we're concentrating efforts on 32 bit for now.

Regards

Kai