[Development] Qt CI team presentation

Sarajärvi Tony Tony.Sarajarvi at digia.com
Wed Jan 23 14:48:45 CET 2013

Hi all!

A quick introduction of the Qt CI team in Digia.

Our team consists of 3 persons and we are divided on to two sites, Oulu and Tampere, Finland.
I (Tony Sarajärvi) work as the team Teach lead and my position is here in Oulu. If you can't decide who to contact in CI related matters, then I'm the one to contact.
Sitting beside me is Heikki Halmet. He is currently working on Puppet configurations, packaging and squish.
In Tampere we have Simo Fält, and he is currently working on fixing Jenkins stages and looking after Gerrit.

We are in no way confined to those tasks. Whenever we get a task done, we pick the next one from the board. Only our personal skills and the priority of the task define what we work with at any given time.

Our backlog is quite huge currently, so we have to prioritize. This means that your small bug or change might get left unhandled for quite some time even though it might only take a moment to fix. Contact me if something needs to be processed faster and I'll have a look if we can re-prioritize it. Currently we are working on getting the bugs out of the system and perhaps increase performance a bit before we add new features.

We also have the CI wiki page at https://qt-project.org/wiki/CI_Overview which I will try to keep up to date.

Best Regards
-Tony

Tony Sarajärvi
Senior Software Designer
Digia, Qt

Digia Plc
Elektroniikkatie 10
FI-90590 Oulu

Email: tony.sarajarvi at digia.com<mailto:tony.sarajarvi at digia.com>
Mobile: +358 050 482 1416
http://qt.digia.com
Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/
Qt Facebook: www.facebook.com/qtcommercial<http://www.facebook.com/qtcommercial>
Qt Twitter: www.twitter.com/qtcommercial<http://www.twitter.com/qtcommercial>

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message.