[Development] Any way to mention build folder prefix/suffix?

Arunprasad Rajkumar ararunprasad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:37:40 CET 2013

Hello Developers,

Is there any way to add build directory prefix to Qt build system. May be
while doing ./configure?

Suppose If i build for mipsel target the build directory willbe

qt/src/corelib/.obj/*release-shared-emb-mipsel*
*
*
I aware we can retain the object files if we are building for new platform,
say x86

qt/src/corelib/.obj/*release-shared-emb-x86*

What I wanted to know is possibilities to add user prefix/suffix to the
builder folder, so that I can retain all object files building for a
different toolchain but target is mips.

qt/src/corelib/.obj/*release-shared-emb-gcc-4.4-mipsel*
qt/src/corelib/.obj/*release-shared-emb-gcc-4.5-mipsel*
qt/src/corelib/.obj/*release-shared-emb-gcc-4.5-prerelease-mipsel*
*
*
*Is it possible to add such string while configuring?*
*
*
Thanks in advance :)

--