[Development] Missing documentation makes QML ListView unusable

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Jan 28 09:59:10 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Rainer Keller <rainer.keller at digia.com>wrote:

> **
>
> Hi,
>

> I tried to use a QML ListView and wondered why it does not react to mouse
> clicks. After looking into the examples I found out that you need to add a
> MouseArea in the delegate. Without this code the ListView is unusable
> because the user can not select anything using the mouse.
>

> Shouldn't the MouseArea be the default behaviour without writing this code
> every time?

At least with Cascades, we do not have to use that explicitly which I
personally like. Not sure about the drawbacks of that if any.

> Only if the user wants to do custom things he should need to override this.
>

> The documentation seems to contain no statements about the MouseArea
> needed. This is essential for the usability and it should be mentioned in
> ListView the documentation at least.

Not essential in each case, but an example would be nice if there is none,
either the front page of the Component (delegate) documentation, or a link
to the examples where you can find one presenting it.

Laszlo