[Development] QtQuick2 and cross-thread signals

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:53:48 CET 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Denis Kormalev
<kormalev.denis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've found that qml engine forbids catching signals from objects that are in
> another thread. After some discussion in IRC I understood that it is
> by-design for now, but is it planned to be changed or it will be the rule
> for whole QtQuick2 lifetime - use in qml only objects from same thread? Or
> it will possibly be changed later (tried to find something related to it in
> list, but failed)?

There are no current plans to change this. I don't think there are any
conceptual problems with changing it, but there are big enough
technical challenges with making it thread-safe that I haven't really
thought about it much. So I don't expect it to change during the
QtQuick 2 lifetime.

--
Alan Alpert