[Development] abandoning stale changes on gerrit

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:46:24 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Oswald Buddenhagen
<oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 06:43:34PM +0000, Rutledge Shawn wrote:
>> I do actually abandon stuff when it's quite clear that it's dead, but
>> due to the review and CI processes, there's quite a large percentage
>> of what I write that has hit some sort of obstacle and yet is still a
>> good idea to somehow get done.
>>
> before somebody gets stupid ideas: the cut-off for dead changes will be
> set at two months (or more - tbd) without any activity (which is not
> pinging).

Can we please have more specific criteria? "tbd" is not an exact
enough date range for me to start checking commits that fall within
it, and I'm reading "which is not pinging" as "which is not just a
comment merely intended to extend the ttl". Since my initial read
contradicts everything else you've said, I think I got it wrong and
need you to clarify so I can understand ;) .

--
Alan Alpert