[Development] Closing Jira Bugs

Andre Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Jan 30 20:56:15 CET 2013

Op 30-1-2013 19:34, Robin Burchell schreef:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Sergio Ahumada
> <san at sansano.inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
>> How many changes do you need to close a jira task ? one, two, more, who
>> knows ?
> The person submitting the change.
>
> The way I've seen this done various other places is to stop trying to
> overload all bugtracker metadata into a single keyword ("Task-number")
> and instead split out the precise meanings ("Fixes" actually fixes it,
> "Addresses" works towards, but does not close - for instance).
Yep, I have seen that work rather well, on Assembla for instance. The
bugtracker gets a nice comment attached with a link to change
automagically, and if the magic keyword is used together with the bug
number, the status is modified automatically.

I guess the trick for Qt would be though to make sure that the status is
only changed (to fixed) if the fix is merged in a branch that will
actually be released. Other commits with such a tag may get rejected
through Gerrit, or fail to integrate somehow, and that should not lead
to issues falsely reported as fixed in Jira of course.

André