[Development] RFC: What constitutes a "non-destabilising" bug-fix?

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Jan 31 13:21:51 CET 2013

Hi,

I updated  https://qt-project.org/wiki/Branch-Guidelines
I added the "Where to push a change" section

I also added documentation fixes. to the list.

On Friday 25 January 2013 09:37:26 Jedrzej Nowacki wrote:
> e. Autotests extensions and new tests should go to stable if possible. It
> simplify merging process.

Right,  autotest changes as well. because it may help to catch more
regressions in the stable branch.

I'm not sure it simplifies the merge process. I'd say it is quite the contrary,
since tests are often added in the dev branch with new tests for the new
feature.
The good news is that the fixing the conflicts in tests is usually easy.

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com