[Development] abandoning stale changes on gerrit

Thorbjørn Martsum tmartsum at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:43:37 CET 2013

Hi Oswald and others

Though I clearly understand the reason, I don't like the idea. It is not
that I have a problem with writing 'do not abandon' on my own old changes.
My main concern is that we have had contributers who left the community and
they have left their patches.

Some of these patches just needs to be shined a bit up and then they are
ready to be put into Qt. I was actually planning to write a mail on this
list on what we were going to do with them (ie how to find the onces that
had value). However a regular and automatic abandon is not the strategy
that I hoped for. It will merely waste the work and make it impossible to
find any old useful patches. At the very least it would be nice to be able
to locate which patches was automatically abandoned (preferably in
gerrit).

Regards
Thorbjørn