[Development] QQuickPixmap and Quick plugins.

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 13:37:58 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Ivan Vizir
<define-true-false at yandex.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While developing QML Items for Qt Windows Extras I was faced with the task of using a URL-type properties which gave rise to some questions.
>
> First off all — is it ok to use QQuickPixmap, which is private API, in a plugin?

Don't know, can't tell.

> Second one — if the answer to first question is no, which is the correct way to handle URLs to load data (for QIcons, for example) from resources (qrc:///…), network and file system?

The "right" way to expose your custom images in any way you want is by
using [1].
If i'm wrong i hope someone will correct me on this :) As far as i
know, this is the recommended way to do it.

[1] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtquick/qquickimageprovider.html