[Development] Qt Linguist - Some requests

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Wed Jul 10 16:14:28 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 03:49:30PM +0200, Hans Schmidt wrote:
> I tried to translate an application with Qt Linguist. While doing this,
> I noticed the following things: [...]
>
> It would be good if some of these issues could be addressed.

the correct venue to make such requests is bugreports.qt-project.org.
there you'll notice that most of these issues are already reported in
some way.
however, it's unlikely that anything will actually happen, as nobody in
the community has currently allocated any resources to the development
of linguist. you may change that by contracting digia or somebody else.

> Or is there a better alternative to Qt Linguist?

you may try kde's lokalize (not sure it groks .ts files nowadays. use
lconvert if it doesn't).