[Development] Creating an offline installer

Yves Bailly yves.bailly at sescoi.fr
Tue Jul 16 09:39:52 CEST 2013

Greetings all,

I'm trying to create an installer so that others can use pre-build binaries
for Qt 5.1, compiled using MSVC 2012 32bits OpenGL - as there are no "official"
installer available from the website.

For this purpose I'm trying to use the tools from
https://qt.gitorious.org/qtsdk/qtsdk/trees/master/release-tools, carefully
following the informations in the README file.

However when running the command:
python create_installer.py -f win_x86_32_msvc2012_opengl_offline --offline --devmode
...I'm stuck with an error I can't get around:
= Install Installer Framework tools
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "create_installer.py", line 1181, in <module>
     main()
   File "create_installer.py", line 150, in main
     create_installer()
   File "create_installer.py", line 1159, in create_installer
     install_ifw_tools()
   File "create_installer.py", line 915, in install_ifw_tools
     INSTALLER_FRAMEWORK_PRODUCT_KEY_CHECKER_BRANCH
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 10 arguments (9 given)

Any hint about what might cause this error?

Thanks in advance,

--
      /- Yves Bailly - Software developer   -\
      \- Sescoi R&D  - http://www.sescoi.fr -/