[Development] QtCS Mac session report
Gabriel.deDietrich at digia.com
Fri Jul 26 15:24:36 CEST 2013
[Sending to the right development mailing list]
Here come the notes from the Mac session at QtCS. Sorry for being late. This is a copy-paste of http://qt-project.org/groups/qt-contributors-summit-2013/wiki/Qt_Mac_Planning
Minutes from Qt Mac Planning Discussion
Qt Contributors’ Summit, June 16, 2013 @ 15.00
Gabriel went through list of outstanding tasks for Mac extras.
Action: Make sure that all of them are Jira tasks. (most are)
• Accessibility: Crash when resize window, but will anyway not be officially supported until 5.2
• App Store: Problems with having ICU and WebKit
• Embedding NSViews works for simple cases only (not for ScrollView)
• Unified ToolBar
• use cocoa toolbar: difficult because have to put openGL on top of native toolbar
Touch and Gestures
• Add scroll bounce – should it be default? probably not for widgets since it is not there now, but can be default for the Qt Quick Controls. Do it “right” for Qt Quick Controls, and then see if want to use the same for Widgets.
Extend API to support Qt Quick (QWindow or QQuickView, TBD) – James take a look at how to do it
• NSView in QWindows (main use case is for search fields and buttons)
• QMacStyle: Based on Carbon HiTheme
• Use NSCell? instead – a bit hackish.
• New event dispatcher for Mac. WIP.
• Want to merge with the iOS event dispatcher moving on.
• Should put primary headers directly into the Frameworks. Have been some discussions on the mailing list, but no conclusion. We think it should be described: File a bug.
Mac X 10.6 – when to deprecate?
• could stop supporting gcc, and clang only
• many use it still
• might be that it would be helpful when starting to support 10.9
• C++11 not supported in 10.6
• Should deprecate for 5.3, and start warn people with 5.2 release.
• Could mean that keep the 10.6 code in a separate QPA plug-in.
• qtbase works except for plugin
• a few crashes related to font selection
• should be OK for supporting in Qt 5.2
Dr. Gabriel de Dietrich
Senior Software Engineer
More information about the Development