[Development] QCommandLineParser

Saether Jan-Arve Jan-Arve.Saether at digia.com
Tue Jul 30 12:21:11 CEST 2013

Hi.
Although this is not necessary for 5.2, I have two feature requests:

1. Have support for "response files", (or @option-file as the moc patch calls it).

People shouldn't have to implement that for every tool that needs it, and all Qt based apps that needs response files should use_the_same_syntax.

2. Standardize value lists so that they work across shells

I.e. this doesn't work in all shells:

./init-repository --module-subset=qtbase,qtsvg

Problem is that comma is an argument separator in MS Powershell, the result is that Powershell will effectively call the process with two arguments:

./init-repository --module-subset=qtbase qtsvg

It would be great if QCommandLineParser could help people not to shoot themselves in the foot if they want to accept a list of values.

Jan-Arve