[Development] QAction shortcut policy

Petko Ditchev pditchev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:02:11 CEST 2013

Hello , first post , so I'm sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong place .

In short : I built my app in 4.8.3 and just built the source with the Qt
5.0.2 library (and then with Qt5.1) . The 5.0.2 build had non-functional
one letter shortcuts , when the keyboard layout (Cyrillic) was other
than english (the CTRL+X and other shortcuts with modifiers worked) .
The 5.1 build did not take any shortcuts with letters while the Cyrillic
layout was on .
Btw: I can't copy/paste/whatever in the current QtCreator with the
Cyrillic keyboard , so that confirms it .
I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 with GNOME , updated today.

I'm writing to ask if this behaviour is intended , and if so - how can
it be bypassed , because it's a big problem . My app is for making notes
(so it should be language indifferent) and constantly changing the
keyboard layout to use the shortcuts is not an option.

Best regards !
Petko