[Development] Clarification on Mac 10.6 support for Qt 5.2

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jun 5 00:55:10 CEST 2013

Hello all

As of 3d0a60aaa4077a8 in Qt 5.2, Qt requires libc++ in order to build on Mac
with clang. That means the minimum deployment target for macx-clang is
Mac OS X 10.7 now.

Question: do we want to keep supporting Mac OS X 10.6? If so, for how long?

And if not, can we drop macx-g++? The g++ compiler that comes bundled with
XCode is broken and horribly outdated.

What do you think?

PS: OS X 10.9 is expected to be announced at WWDC this month. That means Qt
5.2 will need to support 10.9. At the same time, 10.6's last update will be
over 2 years old when 5.2 ships.