[Development] Correct way to create Qt5's doc when packaging from submodules sources.

Martin Smith Martin.Smith at digia.com
Wed Jun 5 10:12:04 CEST 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 8:13 PM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
 <perezmeyer at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi! I'm one of Debian's Qt maintainers and I have some questions on how to
> properly build the Qt5 documentation. We are compiling everything from the
> submodules tarballs, as it makes maintainance much easier.
>
> While packaging qtdoc, I noticed that I needed qt-module-defaults.qdocconf
> shipped by qtbase, so far so good.
>
> But then I got messages like:
>
> addons.qdoc:28: warning: Can't link to 'Qt ActiveQt'
> addons.qdoc:28: warning: Can't link to 'Qt Concurrent'
> addons.qdoc:28: warning: Can't link to 'Concurrent Programming'
> [many more]

Yes, there remain many qdoc warnings/errors left over from the modularisation period. Depending on which Qt5 you have, you might be seeing on the order of 3000 of these. We continue to work to correct them, but it will take some time. The ones you list above are part of that problem, so I believe you are generating the docs correctly.  To confirm, just load some pages in one module that link to pages in another module. e.g. load index.html in doc/qtdoc and navigate from there to almost anywhere and you will be using cross-module links. If those are working, then the docs are correct unless you find some major failure, like a missing module.

Feel free to report in JIRA any errors you run into that are important for your users. If we know which broken links etc people are seeing most often, we fix those first. Otherwise we just grind through the qdoc output.

martin