[Development] PROPOSAL: merge #qt-qml and #qt-components to #qt-quick

Nurmi J-P jpnurmi at digia.com
Tue Jun 11 14:04:21 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to propose merging the current #qt-qml and #qt-components IRC channels to a single channel called #qt-quick.

Reasons:
- the #qt-components name is outdated now that we have QtQuick Controls
- most users don't understand the distinction between QML, QtQuick and QtQuick Controls.

I believe this would make it easier for new users to find the correct channel. We would also setup automatic redirects from the old channels so the naming would be more or less transparent to the current users. Thoughts?

--
J-P Nurmi