[Development] PROPOSAL: merge #qt-qml and #qt-components to #qt-quick

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 19:11:13 CEST 2013

I like the idea. For the average user, I definitely think #qt-quick is
a better name. It has a much clearer association, due to users
importing QtQuick and QtQuick.Controls in every file. And non-quick
QML users won't get lost as badly (I once saw a Cascades user in
#qt-qml, and no-one could help him :( . #qt-qnx is a better channel
for Cascades-QML - now that QBS is 1.0.0 we don't want QBS users to
get lost either).

I would like to have a separate #qt-qml channel for the language
issues (which are more working on the language than working with
anyways), but that's not realistic because users can't always tell the
difference. So maybe once the new #qt-quick channel is fully
established and #qt-qml is empty, we can reclaim it. Or the
language/engine development channel can have a more technical name to
hide it from the average user. That second channel is less important,
so it can wait for a later discussion, and QML language development
chat can always go to #qt-labs until then.

--
Alan Alpert