[Development] Qt 5.1 installers ready for testing

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Jun 12 12:49:46 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 12 June 2013 11:14:36 Ray Donnelly wrote:
> In that case, good luck dealing with all those bug reports due to vendors
> not caring about OpenGL on random bits of hardware. I'd assume people
> shipping software would prefer less headaches.
>
> I've never tried to use multisampling but have found:
>
> http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/extensions/ANGLE/ANGLE_framebuffer_mult
> isample.txt
>
> Have you got any references to the multisampling bug? I've not found any so
> far and I'm sure it can't be hard to fix.
>
> The rate of changes to angleproject is fairly amazing, I wouldn't bet
> against it (both Chromium and Firefox use it for WebGL of course)
>
> https://code.google.com/p/angleproject/source/list
>
> I disagree strongly about not providing ANGLE builds by default, and would
> go the other way to spare developers' sanity. Hoping that vendors will fix
> their OpenGL drivers is IMHO tilting at windmills.

IMHO both ANGLE and OpenGL builds are required at present.

ANGLE is required by those with crappy OpenGL drivers. The situation still
persists but is improving.

OpenGL builds are required by those that wish to use OpenGL features not
provided by OpenGL ES 2 - i.e. many "serious" desktop applications.

At the end of the day, OpenGL and OpenGL ES 2 are similar but different APIs.

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK