[Development] rationale/justification for bundled clucene library (in qttools src/assistant/3rdparty/)

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:27:04 CEST 2013

On a related note, if anyone finds the time I think it would be worth
looking at replacing Clucene with SQLite's full text search.  It is
simpler in many respects - you can use the existing Qt SQLite API, the
search DB is a single file, it is more robust against corruption and
it would make for one less dependency.

Regards,
Rob.