[Development] Multimedia video playback broken in Qt 5.x for Windows WMF OpenGL version

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Jun 17 14:04:16 CEST 2013

Mitch,
thanks for the feedback! I have a Asus G74S laptop with nvidia a 560M
GPU. I've created a bug report here:

Yoann,
thanks for the information. I'll try to use Angle instead for now, but
this will become an issue once we need to use more advanced OpenGL
features. I use Qt to overlay data on top of a 3D viewer application.

For the moment, the other issue I found last week is more important and
is valid for both the Angle and OpenGL versions,

While discussing this, I also found that using the Angle-version on
"cheaper" Windows 7 laptops with Intel GPUs, the video is just black.
There is no apparent error messages. The video appears to be playing,
but the actual texture is completely black. Same video plays back fine
in Windows Media Player on the same machines. This is partially why I
wanted to try the OpenGL-version to see if that was any better. Is this
also a known issue, or should I create an issue on the tracker for this
as well?

Best regards,
Ola Røer Thorsen