[Development] Building Qt with MSYS

Mark Brand mabrand at mabrand.nl
Fri Jun 21 10:11:14 CEST 2013

> On Friday 21 June 2013 09:16:07 Alexey Pavlov wrote:
>
> Hi everybody!
>

> I am building Qt under MSYS. I create MSYS2 based on recent Cygwin sources
> and now be able to build Qt using MSYS tools (m4, flex, ruby, python,
> perl). All ok except I can't use msys-perl because it use bash configure
> script (when building from git sources) that is incomplete to build under
> Windows. Can it be fixed?

Hi Alexey,

I don't know how far you can get using the configure script under MSYS or
Cygwin, but it *might* work, at least for some configurations. The configure
script can definitely be used for cross-compiling Qt 4 and Qt 5 on unix
targeting MinGW. To get some ideas look at the src/qt*.mk sources in the MXE
project http://mxe.cc.

Mark