[Development] Toolability of mixing QML and JS

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 20:09:27 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Shawn Rutledge
<shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 June 2013 19:38, Alan Alpert <416365416c at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Obviously a complete declarative API is a work in progress. But as a
>> first step we should consider a "trigger" property on State which you
>> can set to a signal (e.g. mousearea.clicked) so as to handle that case
>> declaratively. Do we have a qtquick mailing list yet to use for QML
>> API reviews?
>

> Maybe it would be less confusing to extend "when" to connect to any signal,
> not just a property change signal?  One less keyword to remember.

The difference is that 'when' is a binding evaluated as a boolean, not
a property change signal. You can do "when: alpha.ready && beta.ready
&& maybeOtherStuff()". You cannot conceptually do "when:
alpha.readyChanged && beta.readyChanged" because signal && signal does
not compute. We could assign an arbitrary meaning to it, but I think
that's getting more confusing by that point...

--
Alan Alpert