[Development] Future of QtOpenCL

Sebastian Lehmann qt at leemes.de
Sat Jun 29 22:26:09 CEST 2013

Hi Liang,

thanks for being proactive. If you could help modularizing it, this
would actually be very helpful, as I'm new to Qt contribution. I am
already busy getting started with gerrit, jira and stuff.

I think we should start with a fresh reimplementation of these two
modules in a new repo:

* QtOpenCL
* QtOpenCLGL

This is how it was called in the old repo. We should copy over the
code piece by piece, as I think we sould take the chance to make
radical changes like deriving classes from QObjects (where it makes
sense), constness, class names, etc. What do you think?

Where is the design of a new (qt lab) module typically discussed? IRC
#qt-lab or in this mailing list?

What design tools do you use typically? Do you design UML diagrams
very precise before starting to write code? Any favorite tools /
formats?

Regards,

Sebastian