[Development] Touch not working with QtQuick1 (event handling issue in QGraphicsView)

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Tue Mar 12 14:01:25 CET 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld at kdab.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see two ways to fix it, one is a one-liner, one's more work:
>
>  * Don't silently accept touch events if no item is waiting for them. Ignoring the events triggers the touch->mouse fallback. That's the approach the attached patch takes and seems to work fine (tested with the QQ1 hello world example).
>  * Make QQ1 items accept touch events and do the touch to mouse mapping internally
>
> Do you see issues with the first approach? I don't see why TouchMove and TouchEnd should be accepted if not handled, but TouchBegin is ignored if not handled.

Hi, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,48865 for further discussion.

I think the "simple" approach makes sense, as long as we keep it in mind for if/when we get gestures working again. We can then revisit it and implement a different solution if needed.

I've also had problems getting TouchBegin translated in the Qt Quick iOS demo we have. Is everything working flawlessly for you with the patch?

Morten