[Development] Qt5 Branch-Guidelines and maintaining older Qt5 version

Tomasz Olszak olszak.tomasz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:26:22 CET 2013

Hello,
I read this <http://qt-project.org/wiki/Branch-Guidelines> article but
still do not understand one aspect.

Could someone explain the process of bug fixing (e.g. bug in QString) 5.0
and releasing 5.0.x version after releasing 5.1.0 version on release branch?
I suppose that either I don't have enough git knowledge or
mentioned article does not fully cover process of maintenance older Qt5
version in the future.

As far I understand, when 5.0.0 was released some bugfixes was merged and
5.0.1 tag was added in release branch. After releasing Qt 5.1 version how
critical fixes will be added to 5.0 version without having 5.0 branch?

Thanks in advance,
Tomasz Olszak