[Development] Updating third-parties

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 20 21:13:09 CET 2013

On quarta-feira, 20 de março de 2013 18.52.40, Qi Liang wrote:
> Then this "Updating" notice doesn't have much meaning in this very short
> periode. I would suggest only important bug fix should go into stable
> branch. All general updates should happen in dev branch after the frozen.
> Better to happen 1 or 2 months before next BIG merges, sth like July or
> August, I guess.

Indeed. I'm sorry I sent it today. I was reminded of updating the third-
parties today when a colleague here in the office asked me if we bundled zlib
and used it, as they're doing some work on it.

I at least answered that we don't use our own zlib on sane systems, where the
system copy is usually highly optimised.