[Development] [GSTREAMER/QML] How to pass custom options from qml to gst

Matteo Brichese mbrichese at came.it
Wed Mar 27 14:27:31 CET 2013

Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I cannot find better ML than this, so, if you know a better ML to ask, please tell me and sorry.

I've a gstreamer 0.10.36 installation on my board and it's hw accelerated, now I'm trying to make some test with QtMultimedia5 and the Video element inside QML.
The video element with my video test don't work out of the box, so I'm asking you if there is some particular method to pass some extra parameter to the gstreamer for playing the video.
I've some particular command for the gst pipeline like nv_omx_videosink and other nvidia related things that the default video element can't know.

So, how can I play a video embedded in a qml file thru gst?

Thank you.
---
Matteo Brichese
Software Engineer