[Development] PSA: Qt Project IRC logs & statistics

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Fri May 3 09:06:04 CEST 2013

On Thursday 02 May 2013 16:30:47 Alan Alpert wrote:
> But if you're addressing this
> from a practical standpoint, just ask Robin to skip join/part events
> in what his bot publishes instead of losing the valuable dialogue as
> well.

+2 for not publishing join/part events, including the "*** ChanServ gives
paulot permission to talk." Aggregated, they can reveal way to much personal
information. Also, they only add noise. (Doesn't everybody hide join/part
messages in their IRC clients anyway?)

I think having a public log of the discussion can be very useful, but I would
not insist on it: +1 but those who feel strongly about it can decide.

- Paul