[Development] Running Qt on Tizen emulator

Tomasz Olszak olszak.tomasz at gmail.com
Wed May 8 23:02:25 CEST 2013

Hello,

As my spare-time project I'm trying to run Qt on Tizen
emulator<https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.gettingstarted%2Fhtml%2Fdev_env%2Femulator.htm>.
I was able to successfully build Qt on this emulator with xcb
implementation of QPA.
Unfortunately I have encountered a few problems.
I tried to run a simple qml application (fullscreen red rectangle) with
qmlscene but with no luck.

Here are some informations which, I hope, could help to resolve the problem.

1. Logs from running qmlscene: http://pastebin.com/GFMaK71g. As you see
proper visualId is choosen although egl returned -2.
2. VisualId = 85 (decimal) is proper because modified glxinfo -v returns:
http://pastebin.com/NVwJFgKF.
3. Events
_NET_CM_WINDOW_EFFECT_CLIENT_STATE, _NET_CM_WINDOW_EFFECT_CLIENT_STATE,
_X_ILLUME_ACTIVATE_WINDOW should not cause any problems because are related
to enlightenment WM
4.  STRANGE:
    4.1 Windows are working however they are transparent. When I added
MouseArea inside rectangle, onClicked handler worked as expected. So i
concluded that problem lies in graphics stack.
    4.2 When I change root object from Rectangle to Item it works (white
screen shows), but not every time (sometimes it's like with rectangle -
transparent window)
    4.3 When I used Image instead of Item i worked only once (i tried tens
of times).

I hope that someone more experienced in this area have any clue.
--
Pozdrawiam/Regards,
Tomasz Olszak