[Development] QNetworkRequest: allow overriding connect host

Justin Karneges justin at affinix.com
Fri May 10 07:09:06 CEST 2013

On 05/09/2013 08:57 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 9 de maio de 2013 19.36.45, Justin Karneges wrote:
>> Also, I'm not using QHostInfo, but rather my own resolver JDNS, because
>> I want the resolutions to be event-driven.
>
> What do you mean by that?

By that I meant I want the underlying implementation to be event-driven,
not simply the interface (QHostInfo is thread-backed). This is for a
server application that needs to make outbound HTTP requests in bulk as
fast as possible. If it needs to fire off 100 requests at some instant
to 100 different domains, then I want to do this without needing 100
threads.

Justin